We are pleased to announce that today we reached a tentative agreement with the City, Library, and Police Board.
The bargaining committee wants to thank members for their ongoing support during this round of negotiations. This was a long and challenging round of bargaining, but we feel confident that we were able to negotiate a new contract that is in line with other settlements in our region and addresses your key priorities.
A ratification meeting will be held virtually on Zoom tomorrow, Wednesday October 18, from 5:30 – 6:30 PM. Advanced registration is required and you can register for the meeting here.
Once registered, you will receive a confirmation email containing information about how to join the meeting. A few notes:
1. We need to make sure everyone in the meeting is eligible to vote – please double check the name displayed when you sign into Zoom is the same name the employer has on record. (if there are any challenges with this please send us a private message)
2. Test your network connection in advance.
3. Each member should log in on their own device so they can participate in the vote.
4. Consider joining the meeting on a computer vs. cell phone because the voting function is more easily accessible on a computer. (but you can vote from either device)
5. The call-in option will not be available for this meeting – as members won’t be able to vote if they have called in.